Saturday, October 17, 2009

Some Observations and a few clarifications...

First, I must say that the "mom" on my t-shirt is actress Barbara Billingsley, most well know as June Cleaver, "the Beav's" mother on the old 50's show, "Leave it to Beaver." I thought she was a pretty iconic mom figure, so I have been surprised that a lot of people didn't know who she was.

Next, I have noticed that regardless of how people feel about friending their mother on fb, they have liked the t-shirt. Those who have chosen not to be photographed had no objection to the t-shirt and it's message, they just didn't want to be photographed.

As I have talked to people and taken notes and pictures, I have given each person a slip of paper with this blog's URL so that they may see what they are now a part of. If you see your picture and text here, and feel I have misrepresented something you said, or no longer want your picture posted, please comment and I will edit/delete as needed.

Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea...I remember the conversation we had about our children and being FB frends! My daughter, no problem...I find that as she is away, I know things about her life although I don't see her all the time..the oldest son, refuses to let anyone in our family to be his friend..maybe because he doesn't really use it...who knows..The youngest is required to be my friend since he's under 18...I love the shirt and idea...awesome! Love to talk to you sometime!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete